The European Cytogeneticists Association (E.C.A.) is a European Association registered in France.
It was founded in July 1997 (journal-officel.gouv.fr 19970027 No. 1218 05/07/1997).
Head office: 171bis av. Général de Gaulle, 92200 Neuilly, France. Website: www.e-c-a.eu
- The representation and promotion of fundamental research and applications of cytogenetics.
- The organisation, assessment, and quality control of cytogenetic services in Europe.
- Research, education and training in all fields which are of interest to or concern cytogenetics and cytogeneticists.
- Facilitation of transfer of information and collaboration between laboratories.
- Representation of professionals in cytogenetics.
- The study of any question and the defence of interests concerning cytogeneticists or cytogenetics in general.
The Association achieves its objectives in many ways, in particular through
- The biennial European Cytogenetics Conference.
- Publishing twice per year the E.C.A. Newsletter.
- Representing the interests of cytogeneticists by sitting on the committees of other bodies and contributing to policies.
- Organizing an annual Advanced Postgraduate Course in Classical and Molecular Cytogenetics.
- Maintaining a website with current information about cytogenetics and cytogeneticists